RX PHONE – Acoustic Insulating Glass
Because of its detrimental impact on health and well-being, noise is one of the most unpleasant side-effects of the modern way of life. The sounds around us have a negative effect on our concentration, work efficiency and sleep. They can, however, be reduced to a large degree by appropriate passive anti-noise protection and insulation. Modern acoustic insulation glazing – such as RX PHONE products – forms an integral part of this defence.
Acoustic insulation properties of insulating glass can be improved through:
- Use of thick glass (increased weight)
- Use of laminated glass (increased elasticity)
- Asymmetric structure (the first glazing is at least 50 % thicker than the second one)
- Increased width of the inter-glazing cavity
- Gas medium in the inter-glazing cavity